How are Appointments Scheduled?
Our office attempts to schedule appointments at your convenience. Preschool children should be seen in the morning because they are more awake, and we can work more slowly with them for their comfort. School children with a lot of homework should be seen in the morning for the same reason. Dental appointments are an excused absence, and missing school can be minimal when regular dental care is scheduled.
Since appointed times are reserved for each patient, we ask that you please notify our office at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment time if you must cancel. Another patient could be scheduled if we have sufficient time to notify them. We realize that unexpected things happen, but we ask for your assistance in this regard.
Valuable time has been reserved for your child’s dental care at Children’s Dental Haven. A missed appointment results in lost time which prohibits another patient waiting to receive treatment from doing so. We make every effort to stay on schedule so we respectfully ask patients to be prompt and keep their appointments. Our standard appointment policy is as follows:
We will attempt to contact you either by phone, text or email prior to the scheduled appointment. This is to confirm with you the day and time reserved for your child.
24 HOUR NOTICE
If you must cancel your child’s appointment, please call our office at least 24 hours in advance. A 24 hour notice is required to cancel or change an appointment. A $25.00 fee, uncovered by your insurance, may be charged to your account if the appointment is missed, cancelled or rescheduled without 24 hours’ notice.
Exceptions to this policy can be determined only on an individual basis, according to the circumstances. We understand that, occasionally, children’s illness or other unexpected emergencies make it necessary to cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice. Please contact our office immediately and we will do our best to accommodate your situation.
If you arrive more than 10 minutes late to your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule. Contingent upon the day’s schedule, you may be able to be worked in. If you agree to do so you must wait until an appointment time is available or another patient cancels.
An appointment is considered broken if the patient:
- Does not show up for the appointment
- Arrives more than 15 minutes late,
- Cancels the appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice
- Reschedules the appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice
Patients with two (2) broken appointments within a twelve month period will be eligible for emergency care only for a period of one year after the second broken appointment.
After one year, the patient may request reinstatement for routine care once again.
If after the one year reinstatement, the child continues to have repeated broken appointments, we reserve the right to request that your child establishes care at another dental office that can better accommodate your schedule.
Do I stay with my child during the visit?
Of course! Dr. Poitevien has built Children's Dental Haven with the desire to provide parents the peace of mind that usually comes with being able to accompany their children’s dental visits. Whether it’s for a routine wellness visit or an appointment requiring treatment, one parent is always welcome to accompany the child if necessary for comfort. However, if your child is being treated in an operating room setting in our office, you are welcome to wait in the reception room during the duration of treatment and can rejoin your child during the recovery phase.
- For the safety and privacy of all patients, other children who are not being treated should remain in the reception area with a supervising adult or you may make arrangements with a sitter for other children not receiving dental treatment.
- Please do not bring other siblings to the appointment. Siblings can be disruptive without meaning to be to the other sibling's care or to the other children who are receiving dental treatment in other rooms.
- We do not want siblings watching something that may scare them for any future appointments for themselves.
What about Finances?
Payment for dental services will be collected at time of check-in.
We also accept CareCredit.
We want to make it as easy as possible for your child to receive the best care whenever it’s necessary. Our practice accepts most major credit cards and insurance plans, and we offer affordable a third-party financing option through CareCredit to patients who qualify. Visit CareCredit to apply.
- Start treatment immediately
- Enjoy low monthly payments
- Finance up to 100% of the treatment cost
- Choose between several payment options
- Pay no costs upfront
- Pay no annual fees
In order for our office to run smoothly and ensure that each child has the best experience possible, we ask that you please observe these policies while in our office:
- Due to space constraints we ask that only one adult accompany the child/children to the treatment area.
- A responsible adult should be present in the building at all times during the child’s/children’s dental visit.
- In order to maintain patient privacy as required by HIPAA, pictures and video recordings of any kind are not allowed in the treatment area. In addition, we ask that you reserve your cell phone use for the front waiting area.
- No food or drink in the treatment area or in the reception room.