Dr. Jemima Poitevien, a Board Certified Pediatric Dentist, is originally from Brooklyn, New York. She considers her Christian Faith, her family, and her caring for her pediatric patients to be the most important things in her life. In 1988, she graduated from Eisenhower High School, Lawton, Oklahoma, with honors.
In 1993, Dr. Poitevien earned her Bachelor of Science degree, with a major in Chemistry and a minor in Biology from Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma.
In 1998, Dr. Poitevien obtained a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
In 1999, Dr. Poitevien completed a one-year General Practice Residency (GPR) program at St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The residency has equipped her with progressive training in all specialties of dentistry, in conjunction with both Full Mouth Dental Rehabilitation in the operating room and Intravenous Sedation in the dental clinic.
In the beginning of 2000, Dr. Poitevien began to serve as Assistant Clinical Director to the GPR program at St. Anthony Hospital until 2008. It was during her years at this hospital that she discovered her admiration for Hospital Dentistry.
While Dr. Poitevien continued to work as a general dentist, her love to render dental treatment to infants and children through adolescence was becoming her dominating passion. Consequently, in 2013, she completed a two-year Pediatric Dentistry Residency program at Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, New York. At the end of her first year of the program, by virtue of her personality, her positive attitude, her clinical skills, her ability to get things done in a timely manner, and her being a great team player, the faculty selected her to be one of the two chief residents.
Upon completion of the Pediatric Dentistry Residency program, Dr. Poitevien returned to Oklahoma where she has been caring for pediatric patients both in the Oklahoma City Metropolitan area and at the Cherokee Nation W.W. Hastings Hospital, Tahlequah, Oklahoma, where she continued working until the end of 2018 to open her own pediatric dental practice in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
In addition to her extensive education, Dr. Poitevien is trained and certified in both Basic Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support in order to demonstrate her commitment to treating children in the safest manner possible.
Dr. Poitevien is currently a member of the following organizations:
- The American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- The American Dental Association
- The Oklahoma Dental Association
- The Oklahoma County Dental Society
- The Delta Sigma Delta International Dental Fraternity
Dr. Poitevien has twenty years of extensive experience in hospital dentistry. She has had affiliation with the following hospitals:
- St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, the Bronx, New York
- Cherokee Nation W. W. Hastings Hospital, Tahlequah, Oklahoma
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Mercy Hospital, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma ( 1999 - 2008)
- Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, the Bronx, New York (2011 - 2013)
- Cherokee Nation W. W. Hastings Hospital, Tahlequah, Oklahoma (2014 - 2018)
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (2007 - Present)
- Mercy Hospital, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (2017 - Present)
- (1999 - 2008)
- (2011 - 2013)
- (2014 - 2018)
- (2007 - Present)
- (2017 - Present)
Outside Dr. Poitevien’s professional activities, she enjoys reading, listening to Christin music, baking, and traveling all over the World.
Dr. Poitevien is looking forward to meeting and to welcoming both you and your children to her pediatric dental practice, a pleasant and amicable environment where quality oral health care and education will always be provided.